Monday, October 1, 2007

Marburyisms, Day 1: "I’m not caught up in winning no ring"


Today is Knicks Media day, which is getting buried in the, um, media because the Mets just finished wasting my summer and the Giants won last night, but today is officially the first day of the season!

Forget that our coach is still in New York fighting a bogus trumped up Sexual Harassment case, instead of with the team at camp (Not that I'm defending these scumbags, but come on...this was not 10 million dollars of harassment, just an awful place to work). Forget that NBA 2k8 for XBbox and PS3 is coming out this week, rating the Knicks a 62 out of 100 (WORST in the league). Forget that we're now have 20 guys signed to fill a 12 man bench. At least the team is in camp, ready to play and win it all! Here's what our highest paid player had to say to the press today (via):
“I’m not caught up in winning no ring,” Marbury said. “I want to win a championship just as a basketball player, for something that I do. Basketball is not my life. Like, if I win a championship, great. If I don’t, life is going to continue to go on. Basketball is only a short portion of your life. After basketball you’ve got to live the next 50, 60 years.”
Ok, that was the exact photonegative of what you want your star player to say the first day of camp. Like the complete opposite! Marbury and Tom Glavine should open a forum for beleaguered New York sports fans where they just talk about all the awful things in the world that are more important than the team they are paid 8 figures to perform for. This is my official least favorite athlete excuse of the year. If you really feel this way fellas, just move to Calcutta and stop taking my stupid teams' money.

No comments: